Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients with 8 out of the first 33 humanisation projects
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business but revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011. The company has over 55 employees and was listed on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation and a Mammalian Antibody Library Discovery Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key value inflection point in the Company’s evolution with a key focus on expanding/driving current commercial performance and accessing additional value generating opportunities as well as launch preparations for the new service offerings. Fusion operates in a highly competitive and fast evolving market and in light of this the position of library discovery senior scientist has become available to grow and develop the R&D team within Fusion Antibodies.
Brief Position Summary:
Reporting to the R&D team leader the role of library discovery senior scientist will be responsible for developing and executing the library discovery platform development and work with the commercialisation team to bring this service to market.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- Report to the R&D Team Leader
- To accurately record the experiments performed and ensure full documentation compliant with R&D quality procedures
- To design and implement the experimental programmes needed to develop, evaluate and characterise processes for target molecules
- Independent driving of projects and responsibility for project progress
- Mentor and coach junior team members
- Daily maintenance of the laboratory and ensure compliance with ISO9001
- Growth and maintenance of cell cultures
- Transfection, infection, and selection of cells for expansion/ development.
- Clonal selection of transfected cells.
- Screening of cells with flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Maintaining SOPs
- Management of stock reagents
To stay up to date with secondary research, disseminating information and sharing learning with the wider team. The successful candidate will contribute to the growth of Fusion Antibodies’ R&D department.
- MSc in a Biology related discipline, plus 2+ years’ experience in biotechnology industry
- Deep expertise in cell culture experience and aseptic technique
- Capable of designing and executing research programs
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiating and collaboration skills together with evidence of having used these to support problem solving and delivery in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Data processing, statistical analysis and interpretation
- Experience preparing written scientific reports (e.g. manuscripts) and oral presentations (e.g. slides, posters).
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- PhD in science related field
- Knowledge of CRISPR technology
- Experience of antibody display technologies
- Experience working in a production environment
- Experience working under ISO9001
- Supervisory experience
- Publications in top tier scientific journals
If you are interested in this role then please send an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference number SSLD2021 by 30th July 2021.