Fusion Antibodies is a CRO that offers a range of antibody engineering services for all stages of therapeutic and diagnostic antibody development. Fusion Antibodies is well established in the Global market, with a strong commitment to investing in our commercial functions. Our Antibody Development Contract Services is a world class provider of key reagents for our clients in drug discovery to advance their drug pipelines. We are currently looking for a Scientist – Transient gene expression to join our team based in Belfast.
The Role of the Scientist – Transient Gene Expression:
- Assist the Team Leaders in delivering transient expression projects on behalf of clients
- Assisting the Quality Manager during audits
- Maintaining Quality Records and Quality Documentation for the laboratory
- Liaising with clients and partners on transfer of material; maintaining traceability and time-sensitive delivery
- Planning and scheduling projects on a day to day basis
- Attend research and production meetings, and on occasion be asked to present data
- Duties will
- General maintenance of cell lines – Thawing, passaging and freezing down cells.
- Transient transfections
- ELISA analysis
- Chromatographic separation of proteins by affinity and size/charge
- Preparation of buffers, and management of stock reagents
- Process development to further improve production in transient gene expression lab
- Scheduling transient gene expression work
- Preparation and coordination of shipments
- Lab cleaning and maintenance of calibrated equipment
- Maintaining SOPs
- Writing reports and maintenance of clear lab notebook records.
- The successful candidate will continue to develop within the transient gene expression helping us expand this growing area
The Profile of the Successful Scientist – Transient Gene Expression:
- Minimum BSc in a Biology related discipline.
- 1-3 years experience in a cell culture laboratory environment
- Experienced in protein chromatography using Akta equipment
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Experience with MS office applications (especially EXCEL), quickly preparing documents and data to a high standard for clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
In return the successful Scientist – transient gene expression will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package: career development including learning and development opportunities, 23 days holiday + statutory days, free car parking, paid medical appointments, enhanced pension contribution plus many more.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com citing reference TGE2020 by closing date Friday 28th February 2020
*Does the role of the Scientist – Transient Gene Expression lab sound like you? Please send an up-to-date CV and APPLY now!*