Fusion Antibodies is a CRO that offers a range of antibody engineering services for all stages of therapeutic and diagnostic antibody development. Fusion Antibodies is well established in the Global market, with a strong commitment to investing in our commercial functions. Our Antibody Development Contract Services is a world class provider of key reagents for our clients in drug discovery to advance their drug pipelines. We are currently looking for a Scientist – Sequencing and Engineering to join our team based in Belfast.
The Role of the Scientist – Sequencing and Engineering:
- Assist the Team Leaders in delivering sequencing and engineering projects on behalf of clients
- Assisting the Quality Manager during audits
- Maintaining Quality Records and Quality Documentation for the laboratory
- Liaising with clients and partners on transfer of material; maintaining traceability and time-sensitive delivery
- Planning and scheduling projects on a day to day basis
- Attend research and production meetings, and on occasion be asked to present data
- Duties may
- Sanger Sequencing of monoclonal antibodies
- NGS Sequencing of antibodies
- Designing primers
- Developability work on antibodies
- Scheduling Engineering projects and liaising with the other labs
- Preparation of material for shipments
- Lab cleaning, and maintenance of clear lab notebook records.
- Maintaining SOPs
- Writing reports, and management of stock reagents
- The successful candidate will continue to develop within our sequencing and engineering department helping us expand and increase our capabilities.
The Profile of the Successful Scientist – Sequencing and Engineering:
- Minimum BSc in a Biology related discipline
- Experience with sanger sequencing desirable
- Experience with NGS library prep desirable
- Experience with antibodies desirable
- Experienced in PCR, transformations, bacterial cell culture and cloning
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment
- The ability to work well in a team
- Experience with MS office applications (especially EXCEL)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively on your own initiative
In return the successful Scientist – Sequencing and Engineering will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package: career development including learning and development opportunities, 23 days holiday + statutory days, free car parking, paid medical appointments, enhanced pension contribution plus many more.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference SE2020 by closing date Friday 28th February 2020.
*Does the role of the Scientist – Sequencing and Engineering sound like you? Please send an up-to-date CV and APPLY now!*