Fusion Antibodies is a CRO that offers a range of antibody engineering services for all stages of therapeutic and diagnostic antibody development. Fusion Antibodies is well established in the Global market, with a strong commitment to investing in our commercial functions. Our Antibody Development Contract Services is a world class provider of key reagents for our clients in drug discovery to advance their drug pipelines. We are currently looking for a Team Leader for Molecular Biology to join our scientific team based in Belfast.
The Role of the Team Leader: Molecular Biology:
- Report to the Head of Engineering.
- Daily management of the Molecular Biology Team, including Sequencing, Cloning and Plasmid Preparation
- Attend weekly Research and Production meetings.
- Duties will include:
- Management of the PCR, DNA sequencing, cloning and plasmid prep labs
- Training a team of Scientists and Senior Scientists in Molecular Biology techniques
- Optimisation and development of Molecular Biology protocols
- Project management in adherence to timelines and budgets
- Reporting on project delivery at weekly meetings
- Managing lab cleaning and maintenance of clear Lab notebook records.
- Maintaining SOPs
- Support Business Development on client conference calls
- Update clients on project delivery
- Writing reports, and management of stock reagents
- The successful candidate will contribute to the growth of Fusion Antibodies’ Engineering department.
The Profile of the Successful Team Leader: Molecular Biology:
- PhD in a Biology or Chemistry related discipline or equivalent lab experience.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years in DNA techniques such as PCR, cloning and sequencing
- 2+ years in a supervisory role
- Experience working in an industrial Research and Development laboratory.
- Experience with Illumina MiSEQ next-generation sequencing
- Experience in personnel management
- Experience working under ISO9001
In return the successful Team Leader: Molecular Biology will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package: career development including learning and development opportunities, 23 days holiday + statutory days, free car parking, paid medical appointments, enhanced pension contribution plus many more.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com citing reference TLMB2021 by 23 April 2021
*Does the role of the Team Leader: Molecular Biology sound like you? Please send an up-to-date CV and APPLY now!*