Fusion Antibodies is a CRO that offers a range of antibody engineering services for all stages of therapeutic and diagnostic antibody development. Fusion Antibodies is well established in the Global market, with a strong commitment to investing in our commercial functions. Our Antibody Development Contract Services is a world class provider of key reagents for our clients in drug discovery to advance their drug pipelines. We are currently looking for an R&D Manager to join our team based in Belfast.
The Role of the R&D Manager:
- A member of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the CTO
- Manage project Team Leaders to deliver R&D projects within budgets and timelines
- Maintain a high quality of scientific reporting within the R&D Department
- Provide updates on R&D projects to the Executive Management Team
- Plan and schedule R&D projects on a day to day basis
- Liaise with the Business Development team on timelines to commercialise R&D projects
- Duties will include:
- Assisting the CTO with implementing R&D projects
- Managing the company’s R&D pipeline, including the Antibody Library Discovery Platform and B-Cell Cloning Platform
- Scheduling and project management across departments to meet deadlines
- Working alongside the Operations Manager and Production Manager to manage laboratory resources
- Chairing weekly R&D Meetings and project-specific focus meetings
- Process development to further improve production
- Maintaining SOPs
- Writing reports and maintenance of clear lab notebook records.
- The successful candidate will continue to develop within the Research Department helping us expand this growing area, and bringing new services to the market.
The Profile of the Successful R&D Manager:
- PhD in a Biology related discipline.
- 10 years experience of working in a laboratory setting
- 3 years experience of managing a team of scientists
- The ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary senior management team.
- Experience with MS office applications, quickly preparing documents and data to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Mammalian cell culture experience
- Experience of antibody development by display technologies
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting experience
In return the successful Manager – Research and Development will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package: career development including learning and development opportunities, 23 days holiday + statutory days, free car parking, paid medical appointments, enhanced pension contribution plus many more.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference RDM2020 by closing date Friday 29th May 2020
*Does the role of the R&D Manager sound like you? Please send an up-to-date CV and APPLY now!*