Fusion Antibodies is a Contract Research Organisation (CRO) that provides a range of service in the area of antibody engineering for the development of antibodies for both therapeutic drug and diagnostic applications. Focusing on antibody generation, development, production, characterisation and optimisation, these services include antigen expression, antibody production, purification and sequencing, antibody humanisation using the Company’s proprietary CDRx™ platform and the production of antibody generating stable cell lines to provide material for use in clinical trials. Since 2012, the Company has successfully sequenced over 250 antibodies and successfully completed over 215 humanisation projects for its clients with 8 out of the first 33 humanisation projects
Headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Company was established in 2001 as a spin out from Queen’s University. It was initially a drug development business but revised its operations to focus on CRO work in 2011. The company has over 55 employees and was listed on AIM in December 2017. The company has ambitious plans to grow with a strategy based on the expansion of its client base as well as the addition of new service offerings. This strategy uses the Company’s proven technology and expertise and targets expansion both in the UK market and internationally. Key new service offerings being developed include antibody affinity maturation and a Mammalian Antibody Library Discovery Platform which represent key future growth drivers.
Fusion is at a key value inflection point in the Company’s evolution with a key focus on expanding/driving current commercial performance and accessing additional value generating opportunities as well as launch preparations for the new service offerings. Fusion operates in a highly competitive and fast evolving market and in light of this the company wishes to appoint a science-savvy Key Account Manager with experience in the pre-clinical antibody contract development space and the ability to identify opportunities, win business and develop relationships with target organisations.
Brief Position Summary:
Reporting to the Key Account Manager, the role of Key Account Manager will be to build on and grow the existing customer base by securing biologic/antibody development service contracts and to support the widening of the customer base globally. This Key Account Manager role reflects the growing need for key account management capabilities and a key feature of the role will be to develop relationships with high-value clients with the potential to offer multiple, repeat projects.
Primary Position Responsibilities/Tasks
- Develop quality proposals/quotations and supporting documentation for the company’s scientific services
- Liaise with technical colleagues to ensure appropriate quality and technical accuracy.
- Support the building of bespoke pricing models for custom services.
- Understanding, planning, pricing and selling Fusion Antibodies scientific services.
- Nurturing incoming sales enquiries.
- Pro-actively searching and connecting with new prospects
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers to grow long-term effective business relationships
- Identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with Key Accounts that have the potential for long-term repeat business
- Support the development of strong, collaborative relationships with key decision makers at client accounts.
- Visiting key customers and prospects throughout Europe/US/Australasia as needed from time-to-time.
- Reporting on sales and business development targets
- Attending European & global exhibitions relevant to the business
- From experiences in the field, provide feedback to Marketing and Technical departments on customer and competitor activities
- Support development of sales activity reports and sales presentations
- Support commercial engagement for pricing reviews, contracts, royalty/pricing structures
- Ensure CRM database compliance
- Cohesively partner with technical sales support colleagues to deliver a consultative sales approach to maximise impact and results
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the Commercial team.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant biological science discipline (Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, etc.) or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the biotechnology/biotherapeutic industry selling contract development services.
- Demonstrable ability to achieve and/or exceed targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Results-driven and able to manage multiple parallel client relationships.
- Strong attention to detail for composing, reviewing and improving technical documents
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM systems or similar.
- A business qualification
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to operate both at a strategic and operational level
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working internationally across different time zones
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and sensitivities.
- Knowledge of the drug development process.
- Experience in B2B sales support.
If you are interested in this role then please send an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number KAM2021.